Is your baby turning one? Do you want to capture it with first birthday milestone photography? Read on!
One of my favorite ways to capture your baby’s first birthday is with family photography. While I absolutely love a fun smashcake session for first birthdays, there is something super special about capture the entire family. Your baby will turn one only once!
Check out miss Spencer’s first birthday milestone photography session. Mom brought the most adorable outfit for Spencer made by June Bee Baby. She also brought this gorgeous head piece made by Oh Dear Clothes. We talked ahead of time to make sure that I was able to pick some props and a backdrop that would go really well with their outfits. I absolutely loved everything that mom picked out and chose a simple background and minimal props to help baby stand out in the photographs.
If you are considering a first birthday milestone photography session, here are a few tips:
- If your baby can last a bit longer than a half hour, consider doing a mix of smashcake, milestone and family photography.
- Depending on the time of year, you may want to choose an outdoor location. Most one year old babies love being able to move around and play outside.
- Bring separate outfits for cake smash and family photography. Most of the time the outfit used in a cake smash will get very messy.
- Always try the cake at home at least 5 days prior to your smashcake photography session. The day of your baby milestone photography session is not a good day to test out allergies.
- Bring lots of small favorite snacks as as baby gold fish, cheerios and puffs. Not only do they keep your baby full and happy, but can provide a distraction during the cakesmash.
- Consider the time of day your baby is happiest. Most one year olds do great after their first nap in the morning.
- Plan your family’s outfits. They often make the photos truly cohesive.
We celebrated Spencer’s first birthday with a simple milestone and family photography session. Since the winter weather isn’t great for babies, we chose to keep the session indoors.
If you are interested in learning more about CKP’s first birthday photography, click here.
Catherine King Photography is an on-location, natural light, portrait photographer with a studio in Madison, CT. Catherine’s studio is stocked with a variety of headbands, hats, props and wardrobe options for your portrait and newborn photography session. Click here to receive more information on booking or pricing.
If you are looking for a: first birthday milestone photography, Madison CT Newborn photographer, Best Newborn Photographer in CT, CT Newborn Photography. CT Baby Photographer, CT Maternity Photographer, CT Maternity Photography. CT Pregnancy Photographer, Baby Photography in Connecticut, Baby Photographer in Connecticut. New Haven CT Newborn Photographer, Middlesex county CT Newborn Photographer, New Haven County CT Newborn Photographer, New London County CT Newborn Photographer, Essex CT Newborn Photographer, Killingworth CT Newborn Photographer, CT Family Photographer, New Haven County Family Photographer, or CT Photographer, reach out to Catherine.
Maternity portraits are usually booked when you are 12-20 weeks along and scheduled around 32-36 weeks of pregnancy. Newborn portraits are usually booked to hold your “delivery month” when you are 12-20 weeks pregnant and scheduled once the baby arrives. The “ideal” time for newborn baby photography is between 5-15 days of age, but please do not hesitate to reach out if you’ve missed that window.
Catherine King Photography offers bump to baby packages to help capture every milestone during your baby’s first year.
View more of Catherine’s newborn photography work here.