While I am not usually a traveling photographer, I do make some exceptions. This sweet little bub is my nephew! We went to visit them in Massachusetts and I brought all my gear along to do an in-home newborn photography session. Oh boy <3 lol. Here is what I learned from photographing an in home newborn session.
- Be prepared to work in a small space. The plus side? We were able to heat it easily and efficiently. The down side. Well, between my large light and backdrop, it was cozy to say the least.
- Prepare all your setups ahead of time and bring just what you need. I do this in my studio photography anyways, so it was relatively easy to do so. I just packed each setup right inside the prop and brought it along.
- Skip bean bag posing. I had to because I was using either a large beanbag or a table. However, I’ve recently switched to using a dog bed (non photographers – yes, it’s hilariously amazing) and I could have totally brought that.
- Fabric backdrops are the ONLY way to go. I’m not kidding. I have actually done a few other in home newborn photography sessions and I used to have other backdrops. SO. HARD. The fabrics drops are AMAZING. They fold up so easily and it took me all of 3 minutes to pin them to the wall. I even ended up covering up a closet without an issue and look at those results.
- Prep the parents. Again, something I do anyways for all my photo sessions, but I couldn’t leave this one out. My sister got a little prep guide along with some additions for setting up the space. She knew to turn the heat on a bit early and to clear the floor space. It worked out super well.
Are you a traveling photographer? Tell me your must haves!
And as for today – here’s a sneak peek at my GORGEOUS new nephew and his beautiful family. Welcome to the family, James. LOVE YOU <3
Are you expecting in CT? Interested in booking a ct maternity photoshoot or newborn photography session? Read on.
CT NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY INFORMATION
Catherine King Photography is an on-location, natural light, lifestyle and portrait photographer, specializing in Maternity, Newborn, Baby, Children, and Family Photography in Connecticut. In addition to gorgeous outdoor locations, Catherine King has a beautiful photography studio in Madison, Connecticut which is best suited for Newborn, Maternity, and Milestone photography session. Would you like a virtual tour of the gorgeous photography studio? Click here.
Newborn photography sessions are usually done at the Madison CT studio. Enjoy a truly all-inclusive experience with Catherine King Photography. Each newborn session includes access to an array of gorgeous outfits for almost everyone in the family from the CKP wardrobe. From styling advice to selections of gorgeous props, your newborn photography session is sure to stand out. Each newborn session is customized with you in mind and styled to perfection.
An award winning photographer, Catherine King will work with you and your family to create a beautiful newborn photography session and overall experience.
Want to learn a little more? Check out these newborn photography sessions or view the newborn portfolio page. Ready to pick your package and book your own family session? Fill out this brief contact form.
In addition to newborn photography, Catherine King specializes in on-location and studio maternity photography. Add on a mini, classic of heirloom maternity session to your newborn photography session or choose a Bump to Baby package to capture all the milestones.
Receive the latest promotions, mini sessions announcements, and news by subscribing to the e-mail newsletter (don’t worry, your e-mail is safe. It will never be sold or spammed to by us). Wondering what to expect from this newborn photographer? Check out this video for a look behind the scenes and at the final results of a newborn photography session in CT.