Expecting? Congratulations! This is an exciting time for you and your family. As a photographer and a mom of two, I love capturing this amazing milestone – there is something so beautiful and romantic about the precious life growing within.
Looking for a CT Maternity Photographer that is laid back, professional, and works with you to create a custom, one of a kind session? You found us.
Catherine King photography is a CT photographer specializing in maternity, newborn and baby photography. We are based in Madison, CT and serve New Haven county, Middlesex county, New London county, as well as nearby areas including CT, RI, NJ, NY, and MA.
Want to learn a little more about our maternity sessions and what to expect?
We are easy-going and down to earth, yet professional. If you’re looking for someone who will take the time to work with you to create a session that fits you, we’re here to help! We will work with you if you have ideas or specific items that you want to incorporate into your session. Together we will choose a perfect location, set a date that works, and go over all of the specifics that you want from your session.
Looking for some guidance? We have a variety of locations that we can recommend, props that will encourage your session to stand out from the rest and are happy to offer guidance on poses.
What you can expect from this Connecticut Maternity photographer
- No two families are alike and neither are our sessions.
- We plan our sessions ahead of time from conversations with you to props to the location. Our photo shoot will maximize your time to allow for a variety of different “looks” in a single location and a natural flow through your poses to create beautiful art for your home.
- Not only do we have knowledge in proper exposure, shutter speed, light, and all that other technical mumbo jumbo, but we’re here to guide you on choosing a location that suits your unique session, as well as help to guide or adjust your poses to make them more natural and flattering. Bringing a sibling to the session? Great – we absolutely love working with children.
- Our packages are set up to meet your needs and can be customized to fit your needs.
When to book your maternity session
- We recommend booking your maternity session for 32-36 weeks if this is your first pregnancy and 30-34 weeks if this is not your first pregnancy. Have a history of early delivery? Let’s work together to find that sweet spot for your session.
- We do our best not to turn clients away but do recommend that you book your session 2-3 months ahead.