Catherine King Photography takes on a limited number of sessions each month to ensure that your family receives the luxury care you deserve. With this in mind, bookings are usually done a few months in advance.
When to book your session:
- Maternity portraits are usually booked when you are 12-20 weeks along and scheduled for around 32-36 weeks.
- Newborn portraits are booked around the same time, 12-20 weeks along and scheduled when the baby is born. The “best” time frame for newborn portraits is between 5-15 days of age. Please note that if you missed the “best” window, there are still many options for your baby – please inquire and let’s talk!
- Family photography is usually booked a month or two in advance, depending on the season.
- Other sessions vary – please inquire with your specific need.
- If you are interested in specific seasonal locations, please book your sessions as soon as possible as those dates are limited and will fill up. Some examples of limited seasonal locations include Lavender Farm, peak Fall photography, Christmas Tree Farm photography, and Cherry Blossoms in the Spring.
How to book your session:
- Inquire at this link
- Once you have inquired, you will receive a welcome e-mail that will go over all the nitty gritty details related to the type of session you are interested in.
- We’ll work together to choose the perfect date, time and location for your shoot.
- Newborn sessions are usually done in the studio.
- Maternity and family sessions are usually done on location an hour or two before sunset.
After the booking is complete:
- For newborn baby photography, we’ll keep in touch as you progress through the pregnancy. Once the baby is here, you’ll reach out within a day or two to schedule a date for the photos that will work for everyone.
- Leading up to the session we’ll be in touch to plan your photoshoot. We’ll talk about the location, where to meet, what to wear, and how to prepare. You will receive various style guides to help you choose a beautiful wardrobe for your family.
During the session:
- The day of your session you will be guided through posing for both “look at the camera” images the grandparents love, as well as the in-between moments you will look back on throughout the years.
- You will be guided to pose to show off your most beautiful angles.
- Your newborn baby will be in great hands while posing for solo shots. During the baby’s photography session you will get to sit back, drink a cup of coffee or enjoy some quiet time.
- With years of experience photographing small and big kids alike, Kat has many tricks up her sleeve to take the pressure off the photos (and you!) and capture genuine smiles.
After the session:
- After your session you will receive an online gallery within 10 days that will include the best images from your session. You will be able to select the images you love as part of your package or choose to upgrade.
- All final images are hand-edited and will be delivered within 2 weeks.
- There will be many opportunities to work together to select any product orders that might suite your style and home.